HAVERIM MASHIACH (Friends of Messiah) is a Messianic Congregation of Jewish and non-Jewish believers,
coming together to worship our One God.
Charles Hopkin and his belated wife Joan Hopkin, long-time staff with Chosen People Ministries in Toronto accepted the Lord's call to continue their ministry among the Jewish and non-Jewish community in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Here they founded Haverim Mashiach Congregation.
As a Messianic congregation, we are underpinned with the following understandings:
- We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Bible, which is therefore inerrant and infallible in the original autographs. We believe in the sole authority of the Bible, and therefore reject any claim that there is authority in tradition or in any supposed further revelation. (Psalm 107:11; 119:160; Mark 7:6-13; John 10:35; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 1:1-3; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe that there is one God. He is infinite and perfect, eternally existing in three distinct and equal persons -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit - each possessing the nature and perfections of deity, as well as the characteristics of personality. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Leviticus 19:2; Deuteronomy 33:27; Isaiah 6:1-3; 40:28-31; Acts 17:24; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19-20; JohA 1:1-3 ; 15:26; 16:12-15; Colossians 1:15-20; Hebrews 1:1-4).
- We believe that God is the creator of all things. We believe that God created individually the various groups of living beings, including mankind, as special acts of creation rather than through evolution. (Genesis 1-2; Job 38-41; Psalm 19:1-4; Isaiah 37:16; Jeremiah 10:11-12; Romans 4:17; Hebrews 11:3).
- We believe that the first man, Adam, was created in the image of God. Adam sinned and, though the image of God has not been lost, as a consequence all people are now born guilty before God and with a nature in rebellion against Him. (Genesis 1:26-27; 2:7; 3; Psalm 51:5; Romans 3:10-18; 5:12-21; 8:5; Ephesians 2:1-3).
- We believe that God made an everlasting and irrevocable covenant with Abraham . It includes the unconditional election of Israel as God's chosen people, the promise of the Messiah through Whom all the world will be blessed, and the gift of the land of Israel to the Jewish people. (Genesis 12:1-3; 15:9- 21; 17:1-8; 2 Samuel 7:6-16; Jeremiah 31:23-40; Romans 9-11; Galatians 3:6-4:7).
- We believe that God the Son, the eternal Word, took human nature to Himself and was known as Yeshua, or Jesus, the Messiah. We believe in His full deity; His virgin conception by the work of the Holy Spirit; His full humanity; and His sinless life. (John 1:1-18; Isaiah 9:6-7; John 10:30; 20:28; Acts 2:14-36; Colossians 2:9; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:34-35;Hebrews 2:14-18; 4:15; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15; 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22 [Isaiah 53:9]).
- We believe Jesus, the Messiah, is the promised Prophet, Priest and King. As the Prophet, He revealed the mind of God in His teaching. As the great High Priest, He offered Himself once and for all as the only effective sacrifice for the sins of men, dying as an atonement which is both penal and substitutionary. He continues His priestly ministry as He intercedes for His people. As the King, He began His reign as Messiah when He ascended into heaven after His death and bodily resurrection. He will return physically and visibly to reign on earth. (Deuteronomy 18:15; Acts 3:22-24; Matthew 13:57; John 1:18; Hebrews 1:1-4; 4:14 - 5:10; 7:1-3; 9:6 - 10:18; 1 John 2:2; Revelation1:5; Romans 8:34; Hebrews 7:25; 9:24; 2 Samuel 7:12-16; Matthew 2:1-11; Luke 1:32-33; Acts 2:30- 36; Isaiah 9:7; Luke 1:32-33; Acts 1:11; Revelation19-22).
- We believe in the full deity and the personality of the Holy Spirit. We believe that He bears witness to Messiah Jesus through the Word of God; that He convicts people of sin; that He regenerates individuals, baptizing them into the Body of Messiah; that He indwells, seals, fills, helps, and produces in believers the fruit of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 5:3-4; Ephesians 4:30; John 14:25-27; 16:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10-11; John 16:7-11; 3:3-5; 1Corinthians 6:11; 12:13; Tit 3:5; John 14:15-21; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13-14; 5:18; Galatians 5:22-23).We believe that the Holy Spirit sovereignly gives spiritual gifts to believers, though no one particular gift is given to every believer. (Romans 12:6-8; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31; Ephesians 4:11).
- We believe in justification by grace alone through faith alone. Faith in Messiah Jesus is the only way of salvation, for both Jew and Gentile. True believers in Messiah Jesus cannot lose their salvation. (John 10:28-30; 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 8:28-30; Ephesians 2:8- 9; Romans 3:21 - 4:25; Hebrews 13:5).
- We believe that the church is comprised of both Jews and Gentiles who have accepted Jesus as Messiah. Gentiles who have come to faith in Messiah Jesus are fellow heirs with Jewish believers of the promises of God. (Ephesians 2:11 - 3:6).
- We believe in the establishment of the local assembly of believers where both Jews and Gentiles are encouraged to live together in unity while expressing their respective cultural distinctives. (Acts 14:23; 15:24-28; Romans 14:1 - 15:21; Colossians 2:16-23; Hebrews 10:24-25)
- We believe there will be a seven-year period in which God will pour out His wrath on the earth, after which Messiah Jesus will return to earth to reign over the Millennial Kingdom . When all His enemies are put under His feet, He will hand over the Kingdom to the Father. (Dan 9:27; Matt 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27; Luke 21:25-27; 1 Corinthians 15:20-28; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 2 Thessalonians 2; Revelation6:1 - 20:15).
- We believe that the final state of those who have trusted in Messiah Jesus will be eternal bliss in the presence of God. The eternal state of those who have not trusted in the Messiah will be one of conscious suffering in hell. (Isaiah 11:1-10; Matthew 25:46; John 3:36; 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation14:11; 20:11-15; 21:1 - 22:6)
Phone number: (647) 466-9400